Fundraising Internship Job Description
iStandAbove, Inc. organization is seeking for a passionate and energetic Fundraising intern who understands the mission and objectives of iStandAbove(iSA) and help us attain our funding targets.
Please refer to the below information for our expectations and standards of the fundraising intern:
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, the Fundraising assistant/intern serves as a key team member and an active participant in all fundraising and development activities within the Fundraising Department. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build iSA’s visibility, impact, and financial resources under the direction and guidance of the Head of Fundraising.
This role will require the intern to perform the following responsibilities:
- Understand iSA’s mission and objectives and how we fulfill our mission and objectives through our numerous programs and initiatives;
- Support the Fundraising Manager with fundraising research and proposals;
- Actively work with the Head of Fundraising and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Research the best practices in non-profit fundraising, possible funding and grant opportunities, and potential donors;
- Assist in developing fundraising merchandise and materials;
- Assist in recruiting sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events;
- Support donor cultivation – assisting with managing and tracking relationships with current and prospective donor meetings, drafting thank you notes and follow-ups;
- Assist in preparing reports, proposals and periodic follow-ups for successfully received grants
Skills & Qualifications
- Excited and passionate about iSA’s mission and objectives
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Maintain a positive and learning attitude;
- Ability to work independently as part of a team and take on own initiative;
- Ability to conduct effective research;
- Ability to manage time efficiently and meet firm deadlines;
- Experience of using industry standard IT systems (Microsoft Office, Email, Internet, etc.);
- Achieve real, valuable work experience;
- Garner a wealth of fundraising experience;
- Mentorship from professionals maintaining experience in the non and for-profit worlds;
- Gain experience in assisting iSA build and grow;
Note: The Fundraising Intern will not be required to maintain fundraising experience, but a general interest in fundraising for a non-profit. The internship is an unpaid internship of at least 10 hours a week as start and end dates are flexible.