Please email your resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .rtf, .html, or .ascii format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
If you are a passionate writer looking for leadership and communication experience then iStandAbove is the place for you. This is a part time 10-week position that will be geared towards research and grant writing for the iStandAbove organization.
The internship for the iSA Grant Writer position was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the funding process with specific responsibility for researching and applying for public and private grants on behalf of the iSA organization.
- Unique business experience that can relate to any industry for future employment
- Enhance your communication, analytical and teamwork skills
- Develop relationships with external executives of companies as well as internally
- Gain experience in business proposal development as well as building business cases
- Improve project management skills
- Prepares grant work plans, draft and final proposals and budget narratives for leadership approval.
- Maintains knowledge of agency strategic business plan, programs, and services in order to identify and develop proposals to meet fund development goals.
- Participates in meetings with senior staff to develop proposals which meet agency goals, and align with funders priorities.
- Researches, analyzes, summarizes, and presents viable private sector funding sources to the iSA Leadership Team in order to meet the goals and strategic imperatives of the agency.
- Works with the Finance department to develop proposal budgets.
- Works with iSA Leadership Team to secure necessary support documentation for proposals.
- Submits proposals to appropriate entities via electronic and hard copy submission in a timely manner.
- Works with iSA Leadership Team tracking system and procedures to report on progress of grants received including coordinating with relevant staff to collect pertinent program and financial reporting data, and prepare progress reports for funding sources in a timely manner.
- Responds to requests for assistance regarding grants from agency.
- Maintains working knowledge on current grant practices in the nonprofit/human services sector though reading, and participation educational opportunities in the field.
- Love of children – all ages.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Willingness to learn and teach
- Effective Time Management Skills
- Dynamic interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage people, time, and high expectations
- Considering administration or school leadership as a full-time profession Commitment
- The description above is the roles and responsibilities of the collective grant writing team.
- The team will consist of 3 to 4 team members.
- This is a part-time commitment that will require consistent and efficient communication and updates to both the grant writing team as well the iSA Leadership team.
- The internship summer program runs from June 9th 2014 until August 15th 2014
- Weekly Average Commitment Per Person: 25 hours (hours to be spread out according to what fits your schedule)
- Orientation will be the first week of the internship
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.