Head of Fundraising
The iStandAbove Organization (iSA) is seeking a passionate and energetic Head of Fundraising who understands iSA’s mission and objectives and will help us attain our funding targets.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of Fundraising serves as a key team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting iStandAbove. This position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build iSA’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Head of Fundraising also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
The Head of Fundraising will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow a pre-determined amount through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
S/he will expand and diversify iSA’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the Head of Fundraising will work closely with the board of directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
It is expected that the amount raised iStandAbove will increase in future years as the Head of Fundraising systematically and effectively strengthens the organization’s overall fundraising capacity.
- Support and partner with the iSA Leadership team (CEO, CFO, COO, VP of HR and Head of Programs) and board members on all major fundraising initiatives
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to develop and implement iSA’s financial strategy
- Actively work with the iSA Leadership team and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
- Oversee research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position iSA ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
- Identify, develop, and mentor the development team
Note: Currently, the Head of Fundraising position is unpaid and will require the individual to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week with the expectation of meeting the Fundraising goals.
If interested in the opportunity, please send your resume and a short paragraph of who you are and why you’re interested in the position to the email below.